Coming back to the roots of this blog: the new issue of The Bonefolder - an e-journal for the bookbinder and book artist is already available.
About the magazine:
"The Bonefolder, an outgrowth of the Book Arts Web, is a peer-reviewed “open-access” e-journal for bookbinding and the book arts. Since fall of 2004, the Bonefolder has reached a global audience and contributed to the body of knowledge in the book arts both theoretically and practically."
And, by the way, The Bonefolder is listed in the Directory of Open Acess Journals.
This issue content:
- Women and Books – Muriel Prince
- Collaborating with the Dead – Maureen Cummins
- The Codex Foundation, an interview of Peter Rutledge Koch
- Cairo in August – Julia Miller and Pamela Spitzmueller
- A New Variation on Board Slotting – Angela M. Andres
- The Twined Binding – Roberta Lavadour
- Variation on the Split Board Binding – Don Rash
- Board Book Adhesive Binding – Leigh Craven
- Book Review of Jadwiga Jarvis’ The Wayzgoose Affair – Carolynne Skinner
- Book Review of Mirjam Foot’s Bookbinders at Work – Pamela Barrios
- Advertise in the Bonefolder
- Submission Guidelines
- 2008 Bind-O-Rama Guidelines